3

Closed

FeedReader creating incorrect links to posts

description

I have installed RSS FeddReader on our WSS 3 server. However, the links it renders in the webpart are not correct and do not work. See below for an example.
 
As it appears in RSS FeedReader: http://www.pr-squared.com/MT_Virtual/mt-atom.cgi/weblog/blog_id=1/entry_id=1212
 
As it should appear: http://www.pr-squared.com/2008/02/thoughts_on_my_oovooday.html
 
I have tried using both the link to the atom.xml file hosted on the blog and to the xml page at Feedburner. Both produce the same result. Both feeds work in other RSS Readers.
 
Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks!

file attachments

Closed Nov 13, 2008 at 4:33 PM by timheuer

comments

dggcoop wrote Jun 30, 2008 at 9:15 PM

I am also having this issue. Using a feed from Blogger, the links to the posts are presented via the RSS reader as http://www.blogger.com/feeds/*IDNUMBER*/posts/default/*POSTIDNUMBER*, which is not the correct links to the feeds. Also, the feed's Name is linking to www.smilinggoat.net instead of the feed source like it should. I have attached a screenshot of what happens when I hover my mouse of the title of the feed.
Just FYI, my site is SSL, but the feeds are not.

dggcoop wrote Jul 1, 2008 at 2:45 PM

I think I solved my own issue...
With Blogger (blogspot) sites, they want you to use the URL http://site.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default . However, when you do, you get the problems I posted above. If you use the feed URL: http://site.blogspot.com/rss.xml you will not run into the problems above.

timheuer wrote Nov 13, 2008 at 3:46 PM

Using the PRSquared example, the feed is providing two <link> elements. The syndication library looks basically at the last one. The library would have to be modified to look at the reltype attribute and investigation need to be done to see if that applies to RSS as well.

wrote Nov 13, 2008 at 4:33 PM

Resolved with changeset 43424.