Can I increase the time-out length?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Mar 13, 2007 at 11:56 AM
Edited Mar 13, 2007 at 11:56 AM
Hello, I have now tried this feeder on our sharepoint system and it installed well and was easy to configure. We do have issues here with internet speed/routing and I have found that quite often I get the following message in the feedreader:
"Searching for your RSS feed has timed out. If you use a proxy server, please make sure the address and port are correct in the Web Part settings. If you do not use a proxy server, please validate the RSS feed URL is correct."

I am unable to improve the speed/routing of our connection. Is there any way I can increase the length of the time out within the FeedReader?

Many thanks.

Apr 19, 2007 at 11:41 AM
Hello, I have had a similar problem with the timeout. However, once the timeout message has appeared, it doesn't refresh the RSS feed. The only way I can get it to show the RSS feed information again is to edit the web part, make changes to the properties, then save it. Sometimes I have to edit the web part several times before it will show the information. I'm using Sharepoint 2007.

Thanks
Apr 19, 2007 at 1:29 PM
We're using SPS 2003. I have found that if I open the RSS feed URL on the Sharepoint server in a browser window, and then refresh the RSS feed on the site it does eventually show the information, but this is obviously not ideal.
Apr 19, 2007 at 2:06 PM

ARYoung wrote:
We're using SPS 2003. I have found that if I open the RSS feed URL on the Sharepoint server in a browser window, and then refresh the RSS feed on the site it does eventually show the information, but this is obviously not ideal.

I've just tried this, and when the RSS feed timed out, I still couldn't get it to show the information. I'm guessing that MOSS 2007 works differently to SPS 2003.