Unable to locate images

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Mar 20, 2008 at 9:43 PM
Edited Mar 20, 2008 at 9:44 PM
I have downloaded the latest version of this Web Part (excellent web part by the way). I compiled it and deployed the solution to my SharePoint web part. The only problem is that the images do not show up on the web part. I am a newbie at all this so it is possible I compiled it incorrectly (I used MakeCab with "MakeCab /F SmilingGoat.SharePoint.WebParts.Rss.Release.ddf" and then deployed the resulting wps file). The other possibility is that I am adding the web part to a subsite and it does not look like it is deploying the images to the correct location. They are being deployed to the _wpresources\SmilingGoat.SharePoint.WebParts.Rss\3.0.0.1__a45cd9d67cbeb08d but when I look at the URL that shows up for the Catalog Icon Image URL is shows up as /[subsite]/_wpresources/SmilingGoat.SharePoint.WebParts.Rss/3.0.0.1__a45cd9d67cbeb08d/sg16.png (notice that subsite is at the beginning of the URL. Like I said, I am a newbie at this so this may be accurate but it does seem strange to me. BTW: I removed the subsite from the URL but it did not make any difference. Anybody have any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Mar 21, 2008 at 7:22 PM
I resolved my problem. I changed all the images to Embedded Resources and now they all show up correctly. If anyone is interested in the code send me an email and I will send them a zip of my version.
May 2, 2008 at 3:06 AM
Hi eekstein

I've got this problem to, our sharepoint (WSS) is mapped to internet site (www.xxx.com), if I try to conect from outside the image is not shown because the images is locate to local, did you resolved this problem? By the way please send me the code/file that you've done, putra.ramadani@hotmail.com

Thanks
Putra
Jul 11, 2008 at 8:17 PM
I appear to have the same issue Putra is describing.  Everything works fine internally but when hitting the page from the Internet the images won't display.  How did you change the images to embedded resources?

Thanks,

Mike