(407) Proxy Authentication Required.:SmilingGoat.Syndication

May 23, 2007 at 8:58 PM
Edited May 24, 2007 at 3:56 PM
Hi Tim.
I am trying to use the webpart in the environment where there is a proxy server. I specify proxy server address and port number, but still receive the following error:

If the feed is valid, please ensure your proxy server settings are correct if you use a proxy server.
Error returned from FeedReader: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.:SmilingGoat.Syndication

Feeds that I am after are all external.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
May 29, 2007 at 9:36 PM
Edited May 29, 2007 at 9:37 PM
I found this article which answered my question to a certain extent:
http://www.isaserver.org/img/upl/spskit/10webproxyclients/10webproxyclients.htm
Going to try to implement a firewall rule and see if it works.

The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required

Jun 4, 2007 at 4:17 PM
Edited Jun 4, 2007 at 9:31 PM
Coordinator
Jun 5, 2007 at 1:00 AM
hello! first, thanks for using the web part. as to the proxy issue -- it's been clearly stated in places that user authenticating proxies don't work. period. it's a windows double-hop scenario. as to updating the project... supporting proxies better is the #1 request made. it was the sole reason i released it as open source. why? because i'm not a proxy expert, nor did i have time at the time to get back into ensuring/testing/etc all the varying types of proxies and authentication mechanisms. i had hoped that all those who wanted the source to fix this problem would have contributed back...but alas, none have -- everyone still complains ;-)

i'm hoping someone will step up and help fix it -- to be very frank, i simply don't have the time right now and other work-arounds people have made have been acceptable to most (not all, but most).